Sunday, December 10, 2006

Home Sweet... What?


Well it's hard to believe that I've been off the open road for over two-and-a-half years now. It seems that before moving to New York City and starting grad school I had the habit of taking off to a new corner of the globe, and to a new side of my own psyche, on a nearly yearly basis. So what the hell happened???

In laymen's terms, I guess I've finally been finding some things to get focused in... and that I'm not utterly bored with in a year or two... or that I will abandon because I can't see how it would fit into the next phase... the working world.

For me, the focus has been storytelling, through filmmaking especially, and the Still in Transit travel around the world with Abhi was definitely the start to that. Why am I writing about this now? Well probably because I'm about to finish my coursework in grad school in a couple weeks, and I can see that I am still happy with what I'm doing after these few years... and looking forward to finishing the Still in Transit documentary... let's call it the final rough cut.

Signing out on a tired, but good, New York City night.

Love,

Steve

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, that photograph is from my camera!!! U didn't take permission!!

Monday, 11 December, 2006  
Blogger abstention said...

see this fuss over a photograph? imagine what'll happen when we release Still In Transit!!

Monday, 11 December, 2006  
Blogger Clacker said...

I'm dropping out and applying to law school immediately.

Monday, 11 December, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Relax boys... just jokin :-)
...maybe if you put my photograph, I won't take action ;-)

Tuesday, 12 December, 2006  
Blogger abstention said...

don't believe her steve - she's the same girl who dropped coffee on herself and made a million. drop out and apply to law school immediately!

Tuesday, 12 December, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What you're saying, Abhi!! I made two million. My dress from 'Magic Moments Collection', was guaranteed 'coffee stain' proof!

Wednesday, 13 December, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

but the question remains, when WILL you release still in transit? hmmm

Wednesday, 13 December, 2006  
Blogger abstention said...

well weight-watcher, the music album is more or less ready. it looks like the movie will be ready soon too and we can release the two together. so when exactly will the movie be finished? i'll let my colleague clacker take that question:)

Wednesday, 13 December, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ive no reason to watch my wait, thanks.
was just curious.
will just weight quietly till it's ready then...

Thursday, 14 December, 2006  
Blogger abstention said...

i was just kidding, sorry - we really should have a release date fixed for the album and movie but we seem to keep pushing it out so it's become a bit of an inside joke now... but i think we're almost fixed on a feb 2007 at the moment. correct steve?

Friday, 15 December, 2006  
Blogger Clacker said...

You are correct, sir. I am already selling tickets to the matinee...

Tuesday, 19 December, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this blog needs an rss feed. please insert one so its easy to subscribe to?

Thursday, 21 December, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beneficial info and excellent design you got here! I want to thank you for sharing your ideas and putting the time into the stuff you publish! Great work!

Sunday, 28 November, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just added your blog site to my blogroll, I pray you would give some thought to doing the same.

Tuesday, 04 January, 2011  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally, an issue that I am passionate about. I have looked for information of this caliber for the last several hours. Your site is greatly appreciated.

Tuesday, 11 January, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home