Thursday, November 09, 2006

Hopeful Confessions of Shame from Home

(out of breath)

(in disbelief)

(in utter joy)

I've just finished a rough cut for the documentary. I've spent 14 hours a day for three or for days each the last two weeks, forsaking my health, relationships, and chances of winning this past weekend's New York City marathon in order to get here. It feels great. I can't believe it. It was waaaaaay too much work. I'm already planning my next film. I'm kidding. kind of.

The experiment of making a documentary feature with no plan is a good idea. But such a keen plan requires having a pimple-faced 17-year-old assistant editor available to do the hundreds of hours of logging, searching for rushes, and syncing video to the Pro Tools sound track. I am, in fact, having a baby made immediately so that I will be ready for the next film in 2024. Just kidding. We all know that the world as we know it will be destroyed in 2012, and the future of filmmaking will go back to its roots in mother earth. I'm talking about clay-mation.

Have I avoided telling you any more what the documentary is about? No big surprises, it's still about Abhi and I traveling around the world making music with new friends we meet along the way... but it also has gained more of a "personal touch". And given how much most people like to touch people, I thought that would be a major selling point.

So enough!! The rough cut is now being seen by a handful of various insiders, outsiders, and critically-eyed folks. From there I shall make revisions, seek to fill in the few remaining holes with animations and the like, and, once-and-for-almost, complete the film.

Still in Transit?

Clack!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clacker,

heard your body has disintegrated. catching up with your mind?

Thursday, 09 November, 2006  
Blogger abstention said...

maa gaad! congratulations brother.

Thursday, 09 November, 2006  
Blogger Archana Prasad said...

sweetness! this is superlicious news, congrats! now all kinds of madness can begin...cant wait to see it da.

ps: that song of yours that starts with 'how can i explain the meaning of a perfect circle...' has been so in my head for the past month or more. :)

Friday, 10 November, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great going! So happy for you!!
You know, sometimes, amid pain and struggle the best appears... but take care of your health.
Looking forward to see the film… How and when do we see it??
...u coming to Bangalore to screen it?? :))

Saturday, 11 November, 2006  
Blogger Clacker said...

Thanks for the well-wishings. Abhi should have, or soon be getting a copy of the rough cut. I'd look forward to all your feedback. Keep me posted.

Wednesday, 15 November, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home