Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Dodge ball

2pm on a weekday summer afternoon. Back at my apartment to get something. The security guy tells me I have mail. Is it my electricity bill? No, something else. Well has my electricity bill come in yet? No. Are you sure I ask him. "What apartment are you in?", asks a squeeky voice from way below. I look down at a little girl in a pretty white dress with a big green ball in her hand. She's about two feet tall. "S2 right?" Yes, I stammer. She opens up the security guy's desk and starts sorting out the mail. "You know how an electricity bill looks?", I ask with a smile. "Yes. She's in charge of the mail actually", says another squeeky voice soothingly but with authority. I turn around. She's much taller than the first little girl, maybe two feet + two inches, which is what gives her the authority I suppose. "She handles the mail?", I ask. "Yup" is the reply. So concise. "How come?", I venture. At which 2-2 leans over and says, "You know these security guys no? They're new, they don't know how to do it, so...". Ah, I see. "No electricity bill", declares two feet, and they go back to their game of throw-ball. Thanks.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

There used to be one such kid in my apartment.. He would take all the mails and put them into out post boxes in the office! :)

Sunday, 22 April, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home