Friday, September 01, 2006

Warmest hug caringest kiss...

routings...
... and we're off from Delhi! City of djins and it's got me kind of twisted, wrapped in my own threads I suppose... Bansi admits that there's something different about this trip into the mountains - his third and my second - why're we not "feeling it" yet? I finally get injected with one shot of excitingness while packing our motorbike toolkits the night before we leave, last night, and this morning we wake up early and take off from Delhi before 7. The ride is good, we don't end up lost and confused as usual and make a quit exit from Delhi, the more distance I put behind me the better I feel. Pretty soon we're cruising along, the sun's up and everyone's happy. ParanTHas for breakfast and a couple of hours later I unexpectedly run out gas. Hmm... Well it turns out that my petrol tank has a leak in it! Not the tubes, it's the bottom of the tank - rust and things... We spend a pointless couple of hours somewhere before Ambala trying to plug it with m-seal and drinking lassi. It works for a while and then goes back to leaking its head off. Better not take this situation into the mountains. Ajay's got an uncle in Chandigarh so we stop there and decide to spend the night while I try and get the tank fixed. Chandigarh is nuts, it has two angles - zero degrees and ninety degrees. And it doesn't look like Paris, it looks like Dallas. We meet mechanic tomorrow morning for a welding job. Let's hope it works.

4 Comments:

Blogger hemangini said...

what was that sanjay nagar guy DOING occupying you all those precious hours?!

Friday, 01 September, 2006  
Blogger bloggerhead said...

Who told you chandigarh was like paris? Wait till you hit the mountains. I am very very jealous. Enjoy!

Saturday, 02 September, 2006  
Blogger abstention said...

hehe, that was my own imagination i suppose, the city was designed by the le corbusier psycho so i expected some frenechnes. i was denied of course.

Sunday, 03 September, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Abs, you cool dude, you look like super man in the photograph!! How did your hand touch the top of the stadium head, which is touching the clouds. And the pink spectator Ajay, as usual, looks composed and down to earth, inspite of the spectacular rising performed before his very own eyes!!!!!

Friday, 08 September, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home