Tuesday, July 04, 2006

The State of the Art...

routings...
Ok so where's "Still In Transit" today? Inspired by artistes like 1 Giant Leap and Manu Chau, we took off in early 2004 to do our own version of a "world" music & film project - backpacker style! By Aug 2004, after roaming the world, Steve and I were both in Bangalore India and most of the musicians who were to show up on the album had been recorded and all the video footage had been procured. 1 giant hug and Steve was flying across the ocean back towards New York city to start his first semester at Hunter college where he had accepted admission for a master's program in film. I on the other hand stayed back in my hometown Bangalore and started my own little music production house. Over the next couple of years Steve was in charge of getting the documentary finished and I was in charge of getting the music album mixed and mastered - professionally. This has been the longest transit of my life! While Steve continued to chisel and cut the documentary into shape in New York, the music album went through various stages of deep freeze, thawing, boiling and back into deep freeze. Geographical complications, personal issues and bad star alignment conspired to ensure that album would not be ready for a really long time. A lot of our collaborators from across the world, and even I at times, started to lose faith. But 2006 flipped the tables on me. When I met recording engineer Yotam Agam at Clementine studios in Chennai early this year, I knew I'd found my man. A few negotiations later in May, I found myself in an intense two week mixing session at Clementine and the album was finally done! Woo hoo! Barring a few tweaks, the music album is now ready to go into print. And when Steve is done with the documentary, which should be any moment (are we ready to commit to a date Steve? hehe...), we will be ready for releasing the package! The big question is how we're going to release it. Independent? Sponsored? Internet based? More on that real soon...

4 Comments:

Blogger Clacker said...

Looking forward to hearing the sweet mixdowns from Clementine Studio!!! Let me know when they're there.

I'm also really looking forward to seeing the documentary. When's it supposed to come out???

Oh.

Clack!!!

Thursday, 06 July, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Abhi....

I really have to know ur email id...I am sure u dnt remember me....but reading ur article on Blore beat...Gosh this is the same guy from my class...Gsus...I have to talk to u....write to me at flight9999@hotmail.com...

Till then

Take care

Monday, 07 August, 2006  
Blogger abstention said...

full curiosity now... it's abhizzo@excite.com

Monday, 14 August, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is this??? When are we going to hear music and when are we can going to see the film???
You two get us interested, and then back off!

Thursday, 24 August, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home